We previously posted President-Elect Donald Trump Is Less Than Ideal for Tax Advisers? where we discussed that Donald Trump has proposed tax reforms that would:
- Significantly reduce marginal tax rates for both individuals and businesses,
- Increase standard deduction amounts to nearly four times current levels,
- Limit or repeal some tax expenditures,
- Repeal the individual and corporate alternative minimum taxes
- Repeal the estate and gift taxes, and
- Tax the profits of foreign subsidiaries of US companies in the year they are earned.
All of which may not be good for tax advisors.
Now according to Bloomberg BNA, IRS employees could be in for a rocky ride if President-elect Donald Trump and Congress move forward with sweeping pledges to rein in federal employee benefits and cripple unions.
Those moves would be jarring for employees across federal agencies, but would particularly sting at the Internal Revenue Service, an agency that has lost millions of dollars through budget cuts and thousands of employees through attrition and retirement.
Have a Tax Problem?
Contact the Tax Lawyers at
Marini & Associates, P.A.
for a FREE Tax Consultation
or Toll Free at 888-8TaxAid (888 882-9243).