According to Ed Mendlowitz, the top 12 tax return preparation errors are:
- Number transposition and spelling errors.
- Unreported 1099 income.
- Tax payments.
- Keeping review notes after the return is completed.
- Not correcting reason for tax notices for prior year on this year’s return.
- Not questioning numbers that stretch the imagination.
- Not following up enough with clients to get missing information.
- Not specifically asking clients if they have, can sign or control a foreign bank account.
- Not telling client about items that aren’t on return.
- High mortgage interest deductions.
- Alternative minimum tax.
- Not calling a client to relay unexpected (and especially bad) final results.
Have a Tax Problem?
Contact the Tax Lawyers at
Marini & Associates, P.A.
for a FREE Tax Consultation Contact US at
or Toll Free at 888-8TaxAid (888 882-9243).